First name: Pam
Last name: Kallio
DOB: 8th, September 1953
Resides:Tucson, Arizona , USA
Language(s) spoken: English
Time zone: Mountain Standard Time (MST)
Bachelor of Science – Management and Business Administration
Northern Illinois University
Master’s degree, Public Administration
University of South Florida
Trained in Strategic Leadership by Dike University’s Strategic Leadership by Robert D Behn
PMI (Project Management Certification Courses)
Strategic Facilitation – trained by Jim Rough
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Practitioner Certification
Experience in triathlon: 20 years
Triathlon coaching: 18 years
USA Triathlon Level 2
USA Cycling Level 3
Major coaching achievements in the sport of triathlon:
• 18 years of coaching experience with all ages and distances from beginner, first time triathletes to seasoned Ironman distance finishers and World Championship Qualifiers.
• Coached athletes to PRs including qualifying for USAT National Championships and 70.3 World Championships.
• Coached athletes to qualifying for a variety of National triathlon teams.
• Coached many US military athletes including full Colonels and the Head of Special OPS at MacDill AFB.
• Coached first time athletes on 5k to marathon distance runs, open water swims, triathlon at all distances and Mountain bike races.
• Coached youth athletes to USAT Youth Nationals and onto to USA Collegiate Nationals
• Successfully coached athletes of all ages to their first Ironman finish line.
• 22 X Ironman Finisher with over 10 AG podium finishes
• 2013 IMAZ AG winner
• 2014 IMAZ AG winner
• 2014 and 2015 Kona Qualifier
• 2014 and 2015 Kona finisher.
• 2015-2019 70.3 Worlds Nice France, National and world rankings.
• 2013 WTC Age Group ranking 10th in the US and 18th in the World Bronze All World Athlete
• 2014 WTC Age Group ranking 7th in the US and 10th in the World Silver All World Athlete
• 2015 WTC Age Group ranking 3rd in the US and 5th in the World All World Athlete
• 2020 Arizona Sr. Olympic 2nd place in road race and TT.
• 2020 Qualified for 2021 National Sr Olympics road racing and TT
• Multiple year 70.3 World Championship Qualifier
• Qualified for USAT Age Group Nationals for 8 consecutive years
• Qualified for USAT Worlds in 05-2016
Pam has competed for 20 years on both the international and national stages, having completed 22 full IM races and numerous other IM 70.3, olympic, sprint, road, MTB and running races. She is a 2 time Kona qualifier finishing back to back years in 2014 and 2015, along with qualifiying numerous time for IM70.3 worlds including most recently in Oct 19 in Nice, France. Pam has coached for close to 20 years and has helped athletes of all ages and all levels to reach their goals. She brings a holistic approach to training adding in recovery, nutrition and “SISU” mental toughness to her coaching methods. She has worked in the cycling and triathlon industry for 15 years and has a rounded background in the triathlon arena including the ability and knowledge to recommend the right gear to help you meet your race goals. ”In my own search for constant improvement I have had the opportunity to work with some of the top Nutritionalists and Sports Psychologists in the world and can now pass this knowledge onto my athletes.” As Yogi Berra said “ It’s 90% mental”.