By Frank Jakobsen and Armando Galarraga.
Running on a treadmill can have its benefits, such as protection from the elements and unsafe running conditions. But when you take your runs indoors, you need to make sure that you’re running properly on the treadmill so you can avoid injuries and get the most out of your treadmill runs.
Here are some key tips:
– Keep good cadence by picking up your feet on the speed session on the treadmill.
– Stay relaxed in the shoulders and short movements on your arms in a speed session.
– Use the treadmill when you need to control the run session in pace/interval.
– Do not incline the treadmill to compensate for the treadmill being a little easier to run on.
– Only increase the speed by 0.5 to 1.0 km at a time.
– Have cool air flowing and keep cool water for longer sessions, but drink by feel only.
DO NOT TRY THIS SESSION OR FOLLOW THIS ADVICE IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH ISSUES, FEEL SICKNESS COMING ON, OR ARE AT THE BACK OF A SICK PERIOD. CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE BEGINNING ANY ADVICE, TRAINING OR COACHING PROGRAM. BY FOLLOWING THIS SESSION OR ADVICE YOU AGREE TO THE SANSEGO TERMS AND CONDITIONS www.sansego.co/terms-conditions