Insight 1 – Training & Preparation
In this video Crowie talks about training and preparation, including:
– Enjoyment and working at it.
– Perfecting performance.
– Training is individual.
– Training focus (endurance, strength, speed).
– Keeping motivated (every session should have a goal & purpose).
– Structure in your program.
– Training goals (reaching an objective).
– Mental preparation (visualising your goals).
– Changing your mindset.
– Preparing yourself (embrace the challenge ahead).
Insight 2 – Core Strength Session
Crowie explains the importance of a strength and conditioning program for your core.
This is a session that he performs a couple of times per week and is key to his triathlon performance.
This session focuses on the four groups which attach to your pelvis:
– Deep abdominals
– Lower back
– Hip flexors
The key is to focus on great technique and reinforce good habits.
Insight 3 – Recovery Smoothie
Recovery smoothies are a key part of Crowie’s diet.
In this video Craig details:
– The ingredients that he uses.
– The best times to have a smoothie.
– And balancing the intake during training.
Insight 4 – Race Day
So race day has come!
In this video Crowie gives you an insight into the following to better you race:
– Easing the stress (preparation is key).
– Mental strength (positive thinking)
– Positive attitude (better performance)
– Fuel your body right (fluid, carbohydrates, salt)
– Fight to the finish (never give up)
Insight 5 – Recovery
Recovery…the most overlooked part of the sport. It is known as the 4th discipline.
Crowie gives you an insight into:
– Active recover (keep moving, particularly the swim & bike).
– Rebuilding the body (ice baths & compression garments).
– Muscle recovery (massage).
– Nutrition (amino acids & protein).
– Diet (creating a realistic balanced diet).
– Mental recovery (training without goals).
DO NOT TRY THIS SESSION OR FOLLOW THIS ADVICE IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH ISSUES, FEEL SICKNESS COMING ON, OR ARE AT THE BACK OF A SICK PERIOD. CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE BEGINNING ANY ADVICE, TRAINING OR COACHING PROGRAM. BY FOLLOWING THIS SESSION OR ADVICE YOU AGREE TO THE SANSEGO TERMS AND CONDITIONS www.sansego.co/terms-conditions