By Frank Jakobsen.
This session is called the Sansego 30 sec MAX!
– Activate and train your fast twitch muscle fibers.
– Can be done on a home trainer or outside.
– Good when you need a hard session, but don’t have much time.
– Important to have good style and control of your body and pedal stroke as you are going max effort.
– Max means that is all you can do, 100% effort.
– Pay attention to your body temperature, that you don’t get too warm, as it will limit your ability to push yourself to your maximum.
– Don’t pay attention to your pulse via a monitor/watch as it does not react fast enough to be used for anything. Go on your feeling.
– Pay attention to your breathing, and don’t look down in the floor if you are sitting on a home trainer, you will partly breathe your used air again.
– Use the first 5 of the 30 sec to build up to your max and then keep it for the remaining 25 sec.
– Take 4.30 min active pause when you start these sessions, and if you are long away from racing. If you race short to ½ IM distance, you can shorten the pause as you go closer to your race. All the way down to doing 30 sec all out / 30 sec pause etc.
– Do from 6 up to 20 repeats, depending on your current level and on you strength / weakness on the bike.
DO NOT TRY THIS SESSION OR FOLLOW THIS ADVICE IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH ISSUES, FEEL SICKNESS COMING ON, OR ARE AT THE BACK OF A SICK PERIOD. CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE BEGINNING ANY ADVICE, TRAINING OR COACHING PROGRAM. BY FOLLOWING THIS SESSION OR ADVICE YOU AGREE TO THE SANSEGO TERMS AND CONDITIONS www.sansego.co/terms-conditions