I always find myself a bit overwhelmed at the start of each year not only with my personal goals but also with all aspects of my daily routine, however the one that I try and focus more on is my daily planning for my Endurance sessions.
I always try and put myself first before I really can give back to my family, friends, and work. At the end of the day our body is the most important thing we will ever own.
The way I can best explain is – every time I fly on a commercial airline they play the safety video and the part when they instruct, that the adult must put their own oxygen mask on before attending to their own babies, this may look bad however our Daily workout routine should be similar to this.
First get your system up and running before moving forward onto the rest of your day.
The daily Routine needs to be broken into at least 8 stages during your year:
- Strength Endurance
- Power Endurance
- Speed Endurance
- Time off
Each of these stages have a purpose and It’s like a building block for your health, consistency, injury prevention, physical and mental health.
These are some of the things that you should be thinking during these 8 stages:
- Base = Patience
- Strength = More Patience.
- Strength Endurance = Dedication.
- Power = Commit.
- Power Endurance = go over the pain barrier for longer periods
- Speed Endurance = pay off time
- Racing = reward
- Off Time = planning
These are some of the things that you should NOT be thinking during these 8 stages:
- Base = Over do it.
- Strength = dismissing what your body is trying to tell you.
- Strength Endurance = Try to race to test your fitness.
- Power = unrealistic sessions
- Power Endurance = if you did the first 4 stages wrong – you will start questioning your program
- Speed Endurance = Burn out
- Racing = injured or sick = NO Racing
- Off Time = start training to early because the year had a lot of ups and downs.
So please, if you’re planning to race earlier in the year or not racing at all – follow your own plan, stick to it and its OK to be a bit selfish.
DO NOT TRY THIS SESSION OR FOLLOW THIS ADVICE IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH ISSUES, FEEL SICKNESS COMING ON, OR ARE AT THE BACK OF A SICK PERIOD. CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE BEGINNING ANY ADVICE, TRAINING OR COACHING PROGRAM. BY FOLLOWING THIS SESSION OR ADVICE YOU AGREE TO THE SANSEGO TERMS AND CONDITIONS www.sansego.co/terms-conditions